“Ok, but does it makes economic sense?”
Happy are those lawyers who don’t need to concern themselves with the economic ramifications of their advice. For everyone else, World Trademark Review is presenting a conference on “Managing the Trademark Asset Lifecycle” in New York, on Thursday October 20, 2016.
The program covers:
– Brand and trademark audits;
– Brand valuation;
– Collateralization of brands;
– Financial and tax considerations of trademarks;
– Monetization (i.e. licensing);
– ‘Exit strategies’ (i.e. what to do with residual goodwill)
The speakers are, on the whole, in-house counsel for some of the most valuable properties in the world. The full speaker list is here.
WTR reached out to me and I will be wearing my ‘working-blogger’ hat and attending and live-tweeting the conference, at WTR’s invitation.
Hope to see you there.